Wednesday, March 3, 2010

analysis and phalluses

ANALYSIS, PHALLUSES AND THE LAWS OF MOSES


A problem with a phallus is
an indication, Freud would say,
for very deep analysis,
for which, of course, you have to pay.

He said the same of gals who try
to reach a climax with their clit,
and anyone just slightly bi.
I wonder, does the Freudian writ
apply today, or have the rules
now changed, unlike the laws of Moses.
Anyone whom either fools
will say they haven’t, one supposes.
Both, although they’re obsolete,
have lots of fans of fans who need, I think,
more than analysis, some neat,
aged Islay Scotch––hold ice and shrink.

I do not want analysis;
the laws of Moses are enough
for me, because my phallus is
quite healthy and still up to snuff.

Written while contemplating my Freud-inspired poems.

3/3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment